Fresh Fitness Food was born out of a passion for fresh, healthy, nutritious food, powered by science, and driven by the goal to deliver convenience. They create highly tailored plans that give their customers the precision, structure, and consistency their body needs in order for them to achieve their health and fitness goals.
Problem & Goal
There were three core problems with the service that needed to be solved, based on internal feedback from nutritionists and also customers.
1. Relying on a generic equation to estimate how many calories a person burned often resulted in a value that was inaccurate, leading to a mismatch of energy intake and expenditure.
2. Even when a meal plan was being followed fairly strictly, there were often items consumed in addition (coffee, fruit, snacks). When the calories for these items were not taken into account, it could inadvertently take the person out of a calorie deficit, and impede their progress towards health and fitness goals.
3. Clients needed to login to the website to make any account changes or view their menus, which was inconvenient and lengthy.
An iOS app that would include the following features:
1. Smartwatch integration and food logging - ensures there would be no mismatch of energy intake and expenditure. The calorie deficit or surplus needed to support the health and fitness goal would be applied, and the client would be provided with hyper-personalised, nutritious meals in the exact macronutrient quantities that would be best suited to their goals.
2. Client features - a seamless way for clients to view their daily menu, skip or pause deliveries, and update their nutritional requirements.
Brief user testing suggested a positive reception and good usability and functionality. My contract ended before the app launched, so I was unable to gather data on the outcome of my work other than a positive iOS App Store rating of 4.7 from 107 reviews.